Residential Biomass & Wood Furnaces
Recognized as the leader in renewable heating appliances, Greenwood's wood heating systems' patented designs improve combustion and thermal efficiency, which enables cleaner operation and delivers more energy to your home. That means less wood, fewer emissions, and a warmer home for each dollar spent on fuel. Greenwood systems:
- Can reduce heating bills by 70%
- Operate virtually smoke and creosote free
- Leave little ash, reducing frequency of cleaning
- Consume 50% less wood than traditional outdoor wood furnaces
- Comply with the EPA voluntary HH Program
Each Greenwood system also ties to most existing heating systems, including forced air, hot water baseboard, radiant, in-floor, and boiler systems. Controlled from the thermostat in your home, Greenwood solutions deliver the heat you expect at a fraction of the cost.
The Frontier Series of wood gasification boiler that burns fuel so completely it leaves almost no smoke, creosote or ash. When installed in a radiant, baseboard or forced-air heating system, the boiler can reduce heating bills by 70%.
The Denali Series wood pellet boilers are the latest in clean burning, high efficiency, fully automated pellet boilers. When combined with a radiant or forced-air heating system, they can reduce winter heating bills by up to 50%.
Here's why more people are buying a Greenwood high-efficiency system:
- Clean Burning. Greenwood furnaces burn their fuel completely, leaving few particles to create smoke, creosote or ash.
- Energy Efficient. Greenwood boilers approach 85 percent thermal efficiency. This means most of the heat released by burning wood is captured to heat your home.
- Economical. Greenwood boilers reduce your overall heating costs. A study by the Canadian government found that wood fuel can cut home heating costs by up to 70 percent.
- Certified Safe. Greenwood biomass and wood boilers meet strict UL and CSA standards for INDOOR operation. They are as safe to operate as a home water heater.
- Environmentally Sound. Greenwood furnaces release no incremental emissions into the environment. Unlike fossil fuels, biomass fuels, such as wood, are a home grown and a fully renewable source of energy.
- Easy Maintenance. Since Greenwood hydronic heaters are clean burning, they do not need to be cleaned as often as wood stoves or inefficient outdoor wood boilers.
- Reliable Design. Wood furnaces built with Greenwood's proven design have been in operation for many years and continue to provide reliable, low-cost home heating for their owners.
- Superior Quality. Greenwood wood gasification boilers are manufactured in a state-of-the-art facility where skilled craftsman follow strict quality assurance procedures. Our furnaces are made with top-quality components and materials, including our durable cast-ceramic firebox.